Title  /  History  /  1959-1975

1959-1975

In March 1959, in the geographical center of Lithuania, Kėdainiai, "The Directorate of Kėdainiai Superphosphate Plant" started to organize the construction and manufacturing activities.

First of all, the care was taken of the manufacturing basis, road and rail infrastructure, storage facilities, etc. The machine department was the first manufacturing unit to start its operation in 1961.

On 18 January 1963, one 100 000 t/y sulphuric acid line was launched and the first tons of sulphuric acid were produced. This date is officially considered the birthday of the plant. In September of the same year, the second, parallel sulphuric acid line yielded its first production.

1963, December. The first tons of powder and granulated superphosphate were produced.

1964. The aluminium fluoride plant and the third line of sulphuric acid were constructed and launched.

1968. The phosphoric acid and ammophos production plants came into operation by the end of the year.

1970. The 2nd granulated superphosphate plant  came into operation.

1972. The fertilizer blending plant was built and compressed phosphorus-potassium fertilizers were started to be produced. Their production lasted till 1990.

1973, December. The 4th sulphuric acid production line was launched.

Top